GFC 307, E307T-1
AWS/SFA 5.22: E307T-1
GFC 307 is a metal cored wire wire with a hot cracking resistant austenitic weld metal. The weld metal has a excellent crack resistance, even when welding steels having very poor weldability.
This wire is designed for welding dissimilar steels. e.g. Mn steels with good weldability and for cladding carbon steels. Can also be used as a buffer layer prior to hard surfacing.
WELD METAL ANALYSIS (RANGE) %
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE)
• For welding dissimilar steels.
• 13% Mn steels with good weldability.
• For cladding carbon steels.
• The shielding gas should be used Ar or Ar + 2-5% O2 for welding.
• Welders for solid wire can be used but as wire is softer than solid wire.
• Pay full attention to adjust feeding roller and do not tighten them excessively.