TUBULAR ELECTRODE FOR JOINING AND SURFACING OF HIGH STRENGTH GRADES OF CAST IRON.
Low heat in-put machinable cast iron electrode for joining and surfacing of all grades of cast irons.
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE)
Filling cavities in the cast irons, correcting machining errors by depositing weld metal, joining, repair and surfacing of high strength grades of cast-iron.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE ELECTRODES
• A tubular electrode with special flux having no Barium compounds confirming to
AWS/SFA 5.15 ENiFeMn – CI.
• Contains 10 to 14% Mn in Nickel – Iron system.
• Properties closer to high strength grades of cast-iron.
• Lower co-efficient of thermal expansion.
• Higher hot-cracking resistance.
• High metal recovery 75 to 80% approx.
• High deposition rate, non-hygroscopic coating, no pre-drying and longer shelf-life.
• Deposit is machinable and crack-proof.
• Weld deposit has higher tensile strength & elongation compared to equivalent to solid core electrode.
• Sound weld metal & good bonding on cast iron in cold condition. Specially suitable for SG, Malleable cast iron. Ideal for joining casting with steel & also surfacing.