Gemet 103 (Spl)
• Special low hydrogen electrode for high-stressed welds. The weld metal has good ductility and has creep resistance properties at elevated temperature.
ALLOY BASIS : Mn, Mo
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE)
• As a buffer layer on difficult to weld steel or prior to depositing hard facing layer.
• For welding steel of unknown composition.
• For welding highly restrained joints.
• For welding difficult to weld steel.
• For welding heavy and thick sections of the steel.
• Dry electrodes at 250°C / 2 hrs.
• Keep short arc.
• If parent metal has carbon content more than 0.60% then preheat to about 200°C
WELDING CURRENT : AC 70 OCV / DC (+)