MAINTENANCE ELECTRODE–CARBON STEEL
• Low hydrogen electrode with good ductility & creep resistance.
• Low heat in-put, All position, Basic coated electrode with high metal recovery.
• Easy weldability and high mechanical properties.
• Deposited weld metal is of radiographic quality.
• Weld metal is tough and resistant to ageing; high triaxil stresses and withstand heavy shocks.
• Non-hygroscopic flux coating, strong & stable arc, self releasing slag, no temper embrittlement of weld deposit.
ALLOY BASIS : C, Mn, Si, Mo
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE)
• Hammer bases, columns, rams, sow blocks, keyways, and kiln shell.
• Joining, build-up and repair of new, worn-out or cracked steel structures.
• Machinery components and other heavy duty equipment.
• Welding cast steels, fabrication of micro-alloyed and H.S.L.A steels including automotive applications.
• Especially suited for repair of forging equipment like columns, sow blocks etc.
Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)