A LOW HEAT INPUT ELECTRODE FOR JOINING STAINLESS STEEL TO CARBON STEEL AND FOR OVER LAYS.
GEMET 204 is a low heat input S.S. electrode with excellent arc stability, easy to strike and restrict and with finely rippled beads. Weld metal is strong and ductility and has high resistance to corrosion, erosion and is extremely heat resistance.
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE)
Welding stainless steel to carbon, low alloy and cast steel and for tough over lay on cast steel and austenitic manganese steel valve faces and seats, pump impeller, shafts etc. It is used extensively is chemical, diary, brewery and food industries.
• Clean and degrease weld area.
• For more than 10 gauge sheet prepare 60° included vee.
• Make Accurate fit up for long joint with intermediate tacking.
• Use DC Reverse polarity and stringer bead technique with short arc length.
• For best result, dry electrode at 150° C for one hour before use.