Austenitic–Ferritic special electrode depositing weld metal having controlled grain structure. Specially developed electrode satisfying the most exacting requirements. It is extremely crack resistant when joining steels, tool steels as well as dissimilar metal joints. Superb weld ability for all steels.
ALLOY BASIS : Cr, Ni
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE)
Repair and maintenance of machine and drive components shafts, gears, housings, construction machinery, high tensile steels, heat treatable and tool steel, hot trim plates, suitable as an elastic cushioning layer before hard surfacing.
• Dry the electrodes at 250º C for 2 hrs.
• Clean the welding zone thoroughly.
• Prepare X,V or U groove on thick-walled work pieces with an angle of 60 - 80º
• Preheat high carbon containing steel to about 250º C
• Weld with short arc, deposit stringer weld bead with slight weaving.
HARDNESS OF THE PURE WELD METAL : 180 – 220 HB
WELDING CURRENT : AC or DC (+)