SUPER HARD-FACING ELECTRODE FOR ABRASION RESISTANT ACCOMPANIED BY IMPACT
A heavy coated, basic type electrode developed for highly abrasion resistant claddings on parts subjected to extreme sliding mineral abrasion also at elevated temperature up to 500ºC. The electrode is recommended where a combination of hardness and toughness is desired on carbon, low alloy steels, manganese steel and cast iron. Deposited weld metal has good compressive strength.
• Surfacing earth moving equipments
• Working parts of the cement and brick industry
• Steel Mill
• Scrappers, paddles, wear pads.
• Clean surface to be welded thoroughly.
• Dry the electrodes at 250ºC / 2 hrs
• Hold electrodes at vertical as possible
• Keep a short arc
• Reduce dilution from the weld metal by weaving
HARDNESS OF THE WELD METAL : 57-62 RC