Gemet 374 CW
Specially developed electrode for surfacing crane wheels and for surfacing points and crossings (frogs) of rails. The weld metal has fully austenitic structure. The weld metal has increased resistance against friction, corrosion, pressure and shock. The weld metal has very high toughness.
ALLOY BASIS : Cr, Mo, Mn
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE)
• Suitable for cladding on parts subjected to highest pressure and shock load in combination with abrasion. Cladding and built-up can be made on ferritic as well as on hard manganese steel.
• Crane wheels, cement & mining industry, roller spindles, carrier and wobblers in the steel works, hydraulic press piston etc.
• For surfacing points and crossings (frogs) of rails.
• Dry the electrodes at 250ºC / 2 hrs.
• Hold electrode nearly vertical.
• Welding should be done at low temperature.
• Interpass temperature should not exceed 150ºC.
HARDNESS OF THE PURE DEPOSIT : Approx. 260 HB