Gemet 824N, ENiCrMo-14
Basic coated nickel-base electrode with widespread applications. The electrode deposits a strong tough corrosion and heat resistant deposit. The deposited welds are of X-Ray quality.
WELD METAL ANALYSIS (RANGE) %
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE)
• It is used for welding of duplex, super duplex & super austenitic various grades of stainless steel.
• Used for depositing overlays having outstanding corrosion resistance properties. The high alloy levels (of Cr+Mo+W) result in increased resistance to pitting, crevice and general corrosion.
• The electrode is used where corrosion resistance are required in media like HCL or sulfuric acid, for resistance to crevice corrosion in hot, concentrated acid chloride solutions such as sulfur dioxide, saturated NaCl solutions, oxidising chloride solutions.
• Use for cladding overlays, pumps, valves joining faces in off-shore and marine environments.
• For welding Alloy 59 (N06059).
CORROSION RESISTANCE :
Very good resistance to general and intergranular corrosion. Maximum resistance to pitting corrosion crevice corrosion and stress corrosion cracking in chloride bearing environments.
SCALING TEMPERATURE : The weld metal is resistant to oxidation in air upto 1150ºC.
WELDING CURRENT : DC (+)
SHIELDING GAS : 99.99% Argon 6-12 l/mn.