SOLID WIRE FOR WELDING STANDARD ALUMINIUM BRONZE ALLOYS.
Getig 715, ERCuAL-A2
AWS/SFA 5.7: ER Cu Al-A2,
DIN 1733:SG-Cu A110Fe, BS 2901:Pt3: Grade C13
This wire deposits plain 9% aluminum bronze for welding similar 5-11% Al alloys. The wire can be used to weld range of copper-based alloys to themselves or to mild steel, cast irons and iron - base alloys.
However, alloys containing chromium (stainless steels) should be avoided since chromium pick-up may cause embrittlement and cracking. For such applications special buttering procedures should be used. The wire can be used to overlay CMn steels and cast irons to give wear and corrosion resistant bearing surfaces.
CHEMICAL ANALYSIS (RANGE) %
• Aluminium bronzes: UNS C61400, BS CA 101-103, alloy D and others. Beryllium copper (Cu+0.5-2% Be).
• Closest approximation to strength.
• High zinc brasses and manganese bronzes (20 - 45% Zn).
• Colour similar to brasses. Silicon bronzes (1 - 3.5% Si) - see also 97 CuSi (DS 15 -07A).
• Corrosion resistant and spark resistant pumps, castings, machinery parts, heat exchangers for offshore, marine and mining equipment.
SHIELDING GAS : 99.99 % Argon, 7-12 l/min, and back purge.
WELDING CURRENT : DC (+)