Getig 80SB8, ER 80SB8
AWS/SFA 5.28 ER 80S-B8
Copper coated filler wire for welding 9% Cr / 1.0 % Mo, air hardening steel used for elevated temperature,creep service and corrosion resistance against steam, hot hydrogen gas and high sulphur crude oils. The welds are of radiographic quality.
CHEMICAL ANALYSIS (RANGE)%
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE) PWHT(740OC ±15°C/2 HRS)
• For elevated temperature service upto 600°C .
• For boiler superheater tubing heat – exchangers, piping and pressure vessels in oil refineries and power plants.
• Forgings ASTM A 336 grade F9.
• Pipes and tubes ASTM A335 grades P9, ASTM A199 grade T9.
• A 200 grade T9, A 213 grade T9.
• Castings ASTM A 217 C12.
SHIELDING GAS : Argon 7-10 lt/min.
WELDING CURRENT : DC (-)