A VERSATILE TIG WIRE FOR WELDING OF INCONEL 600 AND SIMILAR COMPOSITION ALLOYS.
Getig 821, ERNiCr3
AWS/SFA 5.14: ERNiCr3, BS 2901-90 NA 35m
DIN 1736- 85 WSGNiCr2ONb Worst-off no 2.4806
Getig 821 is intended for welding Inconel 600 and similar composition alloys. The deposit tolerates high dilution levels and is very resistant to hot cracking. It is not susceptible to sigma phase embitterment or carbon migration and is therefore ideal for service at elevated temperatures. The weld metal passes X-ray quality.
CHEMICAL ANALYSIS (RANGE) %
• Suitable for dissimilar joining combination between nickel-base alloys, monel, mild and low alloy steels and austenitic stainless steels.
• Recommended for welding dissimilar steels such as SA 310 to SA 310S.
• Can be used to clad carbon steel with inconel type surface.
• For welding 5 % and 9 % nickel steel for cryogenic applications.
• For welding Inconel 600 and similar composition alloys.
FERRITE CONTENT : FN 0
CORROSION RESISTANCE : Extremely good resistance to general and intergranular corrosion and very good resistance to stress corrosion cracking.
HIGH TEMPERATURE PROPERTIES
Resistance to oxidation in air upto 1150°C, in sulphur dioxide upto 800°C. In Hydrogen Sulphide up to 550°C.
SHIELDING GAS : Ar 99.99 %, 16-21 l/min; Ar + 30% He, 20-25 l/min