CADMIUM-FREE BRAZING ALLOY WITH HIGH SILVER CONTENT.
Getig 9170, BAg-18
AWS/SFA 5.8 : B Ag – 18,
ISO 3677 : B Ag 60 Cu Sn 600-720
Silver brazing alloy, free of Zinc and cadmium.
CHEMICAL ANALYSIS (RANGE) %
• Particularly used for copper joints when brazing should be done without Flux and when a low working temperature is required.
• Suitable for nickel free copper material such as brass, bronzes construction of prefabricated houses, installation and heating equipments, breweries, copper piping for hot and cold water, etc.
• Clean the Soldering / brazing zone.
• Apply flux if necessary
• Heat the workpiece right through over a wide area to a dull red.
• Melt off the tip of the rod and draw the solder along with the flame.
SOURCE OF HEAT : Oxy Acentylene torches, oven, HF induction