TIG WELDING FILLER WIRE
Getig Ti-1, ERTi-1
AWS/SFA 5.16: ER Ti -1
Getig Ti -1 is specially made TIG wire for welding of unalloyed grade of Titanium metal. The wire is used for fabrication of process equipments like pressure vessel, column, tanks, heat-exchanger etc.
Care should be taken during welding specially cooling of the weld metal under protection of ultra-high pure grade of shielding gas such as argon.
CHEMICAL ANALYSIS (RANGE) %
• Used where highest ductility is required, explosive cladding, loose linings, expanded metal and deep drawing application.
• Used in electrolytic application like coated anodes, substrates for production of chlorine and sodium chlorates.
• The Titanium metal should be free of thick oxide, water, grease, dirt etc. therefore chemical cleaning is required prior to welding.
• The filler metal (wire) should be chemically cleaned and should be free of oxides, dirt, moisture etc.
• The weld metal need to be shielded from the ambient air atmosphere by auxiliary inert gas shielding until it has cooled below 400°C.
SHIELDING GAS : Ultra high pure grade of Argon, 99.999% Pure.