GM 80SB8, ER 80SB8
AWS/SFA 5.28 ER 80S-B8
Copper coated filler wire for welding 9% Cr / 1.0 % Mo, air hardening steel used for elevated temperature, creep service and corrosion resistance against steam, hot hydrogen gas and high sulphur crude oils. The welds are of radiographic quality.
CHEMICAL ANALYSIS (RANGE) %
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE)
• For elevated temperature service upto 600° C .
• For boiler superheater tubing heat – exchangers, piping and pressure vessels in oil refineries and power plants.
• Forgings ASTM A336 grade F9.
• Pipes and tubes ASTM A335 grades P9, ASTM A199 grade T9.
• A 200 grade T9, A213 grade T9.
• Castings ASTM A 217 C12
SHIELDING GAS : 80% Argon + 20% CO2
WELDING CURRENT : DC (-)