GM 80SNi2, ER 80SNi2
AWS/SFA 5.28: ER80S-Ni2
Mig wire containing about 1.0 percent Nickel is recommended for root run as well as for joint filling. The weld metal gives high impact values at subzero temperature up to minus 60ºC. Deposited weld metal is of x-ray quality. Recommended single as well as multi-pass welding.
CHEMICAL ANALYSIS (RANGE) %
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE)
• C-Mn steels where good toughness is required at minus 50°C.
• For welding DMR 249A steel.
• ASTM A 333, A 334 Grade 6
• A 350 Grade LF2, LF5, APL 5LX Grade 65
• General and off-shore engineering , structural and weathering steels, pipe work and pressure vessels.
SHIELDING GAS : CO2 or 80% Argon + 20% CO2