A SUPER DUPLEX ELECTRODE FOR WELDING ALLOYS OF SIMILAR COMPOSITION
GRIBINOX 25.9.5L E 25.9.5-15
Basic coated electrode designed to match similar alloys The electrode gives matching strength and corrosion resistance in the solution treated condition but can also be used in the as-welded condition. Nitrogen and nickel contents are controlled to give a balanced duplex structure to minimize the risk of cracking, particularly in highly restrained welds.
WELD METAL ANALYSIS (RANGE) %
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE)
Pumps and valves, corrosion/ wear resisting parts and process equipment for use in offshore oil and gas industries, pulp, paper and textile industries, and chemical and petrochemical plant.
MATERIALS TO BE WELDED
• SAF 2507, ASTM S-32750, S-32760
• ASTM A351, A744 (cast) - CD4MCu, UNSS32550, S3 2750, S32760 (wrought)
• ASTM A240 (wrought) – UNS S32550
• UNS : 393770, J93380, J93404
• DIN 1.4515, 1.4517 CD 4MCuN (cast) and similar composition.
• Steel EN 1.4410, NF 23CND 2506AZ, SS2328.
• Standard duplex : S 31803 and UNS 532205
MICROSTRUCTURE : In the solution treated condition the microstructure is duplex with about 30-60% ferrite dependent upon dilution.
INTERPASS TEMPERATURE : 100°C max
HEAT M-PUT : 1.0 - 1.5 kJ / mm
SCALING TEMPERATURE : Approx 850°C (air)
CORROSION TEMPERATURE : Very good resistance to pitting and stress corrosion cracking in Chloride containing environments. Pitting resistance in accordance with ASTM G-48A better than 40°C.
WELDING POSITION :