Griduct 108D2, E 10018-D2
AWS/SFA 5.5: E10018D2, DIN 8556 ESY 6264 MnMoB,
BS 2493 (1985): 2Mn MoBH
A basic coated hydrogen controlled electrode of high strength, low alloy steels. It deposits 1.8% Mn - 0.4% Mo weld metal which provides increased strength which ensures conformance to NACE requirements and high impact strength at subzero temperature. The deposited weld metal is of X-ray quality. Deposited weld metal has resistance to sulphide induced stress corrosion cracking in sour service and satisfy NACE MR-01-75 requirements.
WELD METAL ANALYSIS (RANGE) %
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE)
• For welding low alloy steel AISI 4130, 4140 for the repair and fabrication of manganese molybdenum castings.
• Pressure vessels, forgings, castings,
• ASTM A 302 Grade B, ASTM A 336 Grade F 30
• ASTM A 487 Class I N, I Q, 2N, 2Q, En 19
• DIN 42CrMo4, 34CrMo4
• For offshore oil head process pipe work and fittings
ASME SECTION IX QUALIFICATION : QW 432 F NO: 4, QW 442 A NO: 11
MICROSTRUCTURE : In SR condition, microstructure consists of tempered bainite.
DIFFUSIBLE HYDROGEN : Max. 5ml / 100 gm.
HARDNESS OF THE WELD METAL : 225 Brinell Max.
RECOMMENDED PREHEATING & INTERPASS TEMPRATURE : 93°C - 107°C
The PWHT requirements will depend on a number of factors including, base material, property requirements, and need to conform to NACE etc. Temperatures will normally be about 620°C.
WELDING POSITION :