Griduct 138G, E 12018G
AWS/SFA 5.5 : E12018G,
DIN EN 757 E894 Mn2 Ni1 Cr Mo B42 H5
Heavy coated, hydrogen controlled, all-position electrode depositing, tough and crack free welded joints. Weld deposits is of extremely high purity and very low hydrogen content. Deposited welds are of X-ray quality.
WELD METAL ANALYSIS (RANGE) %
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE)
• For welding Q & T high tensile steels type HY 130 and equivalent Normalised+tempered five grain structural steels with yield stress up to 900 MPa.
• For welding BRINAR 400 / DILLIDUR 400 steel.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR WELDING
• Maintain preheat & interpass temperature in the range 100-120°C.
• Use lower dia electrode with minimum heat in-put to get desired structure & mechanical properties.
• When welding is completed, maintain temperature of 200-250°C for 4-6 hours for removing Diffusible Hydrogen from HAZ and weld metal.
REDRYING OF ELECTRODES : 300-350°C / 2 hrs.
DIFFUSIBLE HYDROGEN CONTENT IN THE WELD METAL : max. 4.0 ml / 100 g of weld metal.
WELDING POSITION :