A special basic coated hydrogen controlled electrode depositing low–alloy steel weld metal which possesses excellent resistance to heat. Electrode deposits weld metal which is free from cracks and can withstand heavy impact and heat.
WELD METAL ANALYSIS (RANGE) %
• Surfacing/rebuilding hot forging dies
• Repairing hot working tools
• Surfacing hammer dies etc.
PRECAUTIONS / SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS WHILE WELDING
• Dry the electrodes at 300 °C/2 hrs
• Preheat the job-preheating temperature depending on the type of die
• Use short arc.
HARDNESS OF THE WELD METAL (3 LAYERS) : 41 HRC approx
WELDING POSITION :