Griduct 85B8, E 8015-B8
AWS/SFA 5.5: E 8015-B8
A heavy basic coated type hydrogen controlled, all position iron powder Chrome-moly medium alloy electrode for elevated temperature applications. The deposited weld metal is of radiographic quality.
WELD METAL ANALYSIS (RANGE) %
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE)
• For elevated temperature service upto 600°C.
• For boiler superheater tubing heat-exchangers, piping and pressure vessels in oil refineries and power plants.
• Forgings ASTM A 336 grade F9.
• Pipes and tubes ASTM A335 grades P9, ASTM A199 grade T9.
• A 200 grade T9, A 213 grade T9.
• Castings ASTM A 217 C12
ASME IX QUALIFICATION : QW-432 F. NO 4, QW-442 A-NO 5
DIFFUSIBLE HYDROGEN IN THE WELD METAL : 4.0ml / 100g (maximum)
REDRYING OF ELECTRODES : 300°C / 2hrs, 5 times max 10hrs.
PREHEATING : Min. 200°C before welding.
INTERPASS TEMPETURE : 200°C – 250°C.
WELDING POSITION :