Griduct 86C2, E 8016-C2
AWS/SFA 5.5 : E 8016C2 BS: 2493-85 3NiBH
DIN : 8529-81 ESY 4687 3NiB
A basic coated, low-hydrogen electrode producing a 3.5 % nickel weld metal. The all position electrode is designed for applications demanding high yield strength and excellent fracture toughness at temperature down to minus 100°C. The welds are of radiographic quality.
WELD METAL ANALYSIS (RANGE) %
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE)
• 3.5% Ni alloyed steels specifically for service at cryogenic temperatures down to -100°C.
• Off-shore fabrication.
• Construction of cryogenic plants and associated piping eg. Petrochemical industry.
• ASTM A335-Grade 6 Pipe
• ASTM A352-Grade LF1/LF2 forgings
• ASTM A352-Grade LC2 castings
• ASTM A333-Grade 3 pipe
• ASTM A350-Grade LF 350 forging
MICROSTRUCTURE : Ferritic with a component of acicular ferrite
ASME IX QUALIFICATION : QW-432 F NO 4, QW-442 A NO 10
REDRYING TEMPERATURE : 250 - 300°C / 1 - 2hrs
WELDING POSITION :