Griduct 88D3, E 8018-D3
AWS/SFA 5.5: E 8018D3,
DIN 8556 ESY 5564 MnMoB BS: 2493: Mn MoBH
A basic coated hydrogen controlled electrode of high strength, low alloy steels. It deposits 1.4% Mn-0.4% Mo weld metal which provides increased strength which ensures conformance to NACE requirements and high impact strength at subzero temperature. The deposited weld metal is of X-ray quality. Deposited weld metal has resistance to sulphide induced stress corrosion cracking in sour service and satisfy NACE MR-01-75 requirements.
WELD METAL ANALYSIS (RANGE) %
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (RANGE) PWHT 620± 14oC / 1 hr.
• For welding low alloy steel AISI 4130, 4140 for the repair and fabrication of manganese molybdenum castings.
• Pressure vessels, forgings, castings,
• ASTM A 302 Grade B, ASTM A 336 Grade F30
• ASTM A 487 Class I N, I Q, 2N, 2Q, En 19
• For offshore oil head process pipework
HARDNESS OF THE WELD METAL : 225 BRINELL MAX.
ASME QUALIFICATION : QW 432 F NO: 4, QW 442 A NO : 11
MICROSTRUCTURE : In SR Condition, Microstructure consists of Tempered Bainite.
RECOMMENDED PREHEATING & INTERPASS TEMPRATURE : 93°C - 107°C
PWHT : The PWHT requirements will depend on a number of factors including, base material, property requirements, and need to conform to NACE etc. Temperatures will normally be about 620°C.
WELDING POSITION :